Getting Straight A's In Your College - Where and How to Study?


I often got a question during my college days "how are you getting straight A's?" I studied starting about three in the afternoon. By nine o' clock at night, when the price per pitcher was cheap, I would have done all my studying. I went and enjoyed my beer. My friends started drinking in the afternoon, and then went to the tavern planning to go home and study. You are not going to study, and even if you do, based on state dependent memory will typically only remember if you are intoxicated. I do not recommend getting drunk before a test.
If you plan your day right, you can have those little study breaks but the coolest part is this. Because you are now reinforcing it with those little breaks and something fun, you extended. You will find you can go 30 to 50 minutes or even an hour Homework Answers.  This is training. Those of you who go on to advanced degrees; you are going to have to study incredible lengths of time without taking a break. You are training yourself and it becomes progressively easier.
How many of you have a true study or library in your place of residence, a quiet place to read or study? Many of you study in your bedroom. How many of you study in your bedroom? That is where I studied a lot, especially when I did go to community college. If you do not study in your bedroom, you study at the dining room table or kitchen table or bar. If you do not study in those 2 places and you do not have a study or library, study in the family room or living room the place where you have your TV and stereo, couch and easy chair. Some of you actually might drive to a school or library Homework Answers. A few of you do. I still remember living at home.
I would come home because I did work then at Albertsons, typically got off at nine, home about 10 and I would start studying. I still remember studying there and my eyelids are drooping. Then I would hear the bed call me and I think I will just lie down for a moment. Next thing I know is my mother yelling, "You are late for your English class!" I was jolt and wake up from my bed thinking "Oh god. I did not do my reading for the class and I am screwed." the primary function of a bedroom is sleeping. Primary function of a dining table is eating and the primary function of a living area Recreation, socializing. Many students do not realize how much we are controlled by environmental cues.
If a professor asks you, in a class or an auditorium a question, your immediate response will be to raise a hand, even if they did not ask for a show of hands. A simple question, if you are talking face to face will make you respond verbally. When you ask a group, hands come up. This is because the class or auditorium environment has conditioned you to raise your hand as a natural response. Can you see how powerful it is? Without thinking, because we are in a classroom, hands shoot up. It is true of going in your bedroom and trying to study. You are in the bedroom and you sleep!


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Top ranking students prefer to use learning aids than directly approach a textbook with just lecture notes and remembered info from the class. Online Test Banks can be of great help to you while pondering over a class that you attended months ago. Make the best of your college with study aids like Lehnes Pharmacology For Nursing Care 9th Edition Test Bank only at TestBanksOnline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are in a tight fix with an exam or homework, GrowMyGrade could be the solution you are looking for. Browse through our vast collection of test banks and solution manuals like Public Health Nursing Population Centered Health Care In The Community 9th Edition Test Bank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Test Banks and Solution Manuals from GrowMyGrade can make every study session easier, interesting and effective. Get exclusive and comprehenive study aids like Lehninger Principles Of Biochemistry 5th Edition Test Bank right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting Social Psychology Fifth Canadian Edition Test Bank is easier than ever with our exclusive collection of testbanks and solution manuals online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exams are easier with the TestBank2022 assistance. Find best selling Solution Manual For Hydrologic Analysis And Design 4th Edition and solution manuals and be on the top of your class today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 Tips To Be Safe And Have Fun In College Party Circuits